We’ve all heard the name, we’ve all seen the stickers on the fenders of racecars and streetcars. AEM Performance Electronics has been around for a long time, and is a very familiar name in the automotive aftermarket and “go fast” parts scene. They have a huge range of products from digital logging dashes to fuel pumps all designed to deliver ciritical data and performance to make your every lap faster and smoother. The coolest development from the company recently? They’re joining us at Tire Rack SCCA Solo Nationals!
That’s right, AEM is coming and support you in your pursuit of trophies. They’ll be on site in Lincoln to help answer your questions, offer demos of products that can change your racing game, and help you with setup, tips and tricks with their products so you can get the absolute most from your upgrade. Stop by their setup on Vendor Row to meet their crew and check them out.
With such a wide range of offering, that means there’s something for every racer! Let’s go over some of the highlights, shall we?
CD Carbon Digital Dash Displays feature full-color, daylight readable 5-inch and 7-inch screens surrounded by a tough, lightweight flow-molded carbon fiber composite housing. These dashes have logging capability and integrated GPS, which enables them to display lap times including predictive lap timing, and recording track maps for viewing data points on the track. They are fully customizable: add whatever graphics and channels wherever you choose. Multiple pages simplify organizing data, and unlimited warnings and alarms in customizable text are included.
AEM’s CD Carbon dashes receive channels from two independent CAN bus inputs. They “talk” with over 250 non-AEM ECUs, loggers and other CAN devices and even 2008-up stock ECUs via the OBDII port, and they can be added to any vehicle with the addition of a CAN Sensor Module, which simplifies wiring by sending multiple channels across a 2-wire connection. These displays are ECU CAN ready and do not require external modules for CAN to CAN communication, just load your configuration and go! AEM’s dash software and analysis software is free and fully enabled.
X-Series Digital Gauges are the latest in the company’s line of digital gauge instrumentation and are available for Boost, EGT, Fuel/Oil Pressure, Oil/Water/Trans Temperature and Volts. These new gauges complement the X-Series Digital Wideband AFR gauge, which is the fastest responding wideband in independent testing. They have a large center LED readout for easy viewing and are super thin, making them easy to install.
- 2-1/16th (52mm) gauge diameter for easy mounting in gauge pods
- Slim 0.825” overall gauge depth and 0.200” cup depth – mount them virtually anywhere!
- Programmable 3- or 4-digit center LED is 87% larger than original AEM gauges
- 24 green outer LEDs for quick reference to engine parameter
- Peak/Recall via gauge face buttons
- User selectable threshold warnings (excl. Volts)
- Optional silver bezel with white faceplate(s) accessory kits available (sold separately)
- AEMnet CANbus-enabled for transmitting data to EMS or Data Logger
- 0-5v analog outputs for transmitting data to EMS or Data Logger
- Auto dimming sensor delivers ideal display brightness
- Positive locking connectors provide secure connection
X-Series Widebands are built upon unique, patented (#9,575,030) X-Digital technology that makes them the fastest responding wideband air/fuel ratio controllers in independent testing*.
X-Digital is 100% digital wideband technology. It gives these controllers the ability to read and report values that other controllers do not, which can deliver more optimized engine tuning and a safer overall operating condition. The controller’s high speed digital implementation ensures no loss of signal fidelity and full transient response, making it able to identify the slightest fluctuations in AFR and output them in full value.
X-SERIES WIDEBAND UEGO CONTROLLER FEATURES:
- The fastest responding AFR controller in independent testing
- Includes Bosch UEGO sensor
- Use factory sensor calibration or free-air calibrate
- 16V compatible
- 0-5V, CAN bus & RS232 for data logging and feedback control
- 3 or 4 digit display
- 52mm gauge diameter
- Gauge cup depth only .200” deep
- Auto dimming
- Display in AFR, Lambda or O2%
*Independently tested at 3600 Product Testing (results reported on August 31st, 2015) against 17 competitor wideband UEGO Air/Fuel Controllers. AEM X-Series Inline with Bosch 4.9LSU wideband sensor and AEM X-Series Wideband UEGO AFR Gauge with Bosch 4.9LSU sensor recorded the fastest response times
AQ-1 Data Loggers
AEM’s AQ-1 Data Logger is available in standard and OBDII Can bus (2008+ vehicles) versions so you can log channels right from a stock/reflashed ECU. It is the most affordable and powerful entry level data logger you can buy. AEMdata analysis software is free and you never pay for upgrades.
- Available with OBDII CAN bus integration – log channels from the factory ECU on 08+ vehicles!
- Four analog inputs for measuring frequency (RPM), 0-5 V or 0-16.5 V
- Four 0-5 V analog inputs with optional pullup resistor for RTD/Thermistor-style sensor
- Internal 3-axis accelerometer (+/- 4g MAX)
- Add GPS for track mapping and lap timing
- Three switched digital inputs, 16.5 V MAX
- Up to 1 KHz logging rate (1000 samples/second) per channel
- Data saved to single file with real-time clock
- Flying lead harness with labeled wires and sealed Packard connector
- Removable SD card for virtually unlimited logging (2GB card included, 32GB compatible)
AEM’s E85 High Flow 340LPH In-Tank Fuel Pumps feature robust internal construction designed to withstand the low lubricity characteristics of alcohol fuels, and are tested to work with ethanol fuels up to E100, methanol fuels up to M100 and all types of gasoline. They provide enough fuel flow for nearly 1,000 HP in naturally aspirated cars on gasoline. These pumps are designed for in-tank mounting, and are available in 81mm and 65mm lengths with a compact 39mm diameter to fit virtually any fuel tank assembly. They have an offset inlet design that eases installation and include a wiring harness, pre filter, and any additionally necessary hardware. Every pump is tested to flow 340 lph at 40 PSI before they are packaged.
There you have it! Some of the many ways AEM can make you and your car faster when every tenth of a second matters. Come see them on Vendor Row at Solo Nationals for software demos, tech support and advice and to learn more!